Nicaragua Mission Trip
This year we partnered with CEPAD and our Presbyterian Mission Co-Workers Jhan and Ian Vellenga and the leadership team of El Brazil in the same region as we visited two years ago. The Shepherd Team was Deb Aucoin-Ratcliff, Lynne Becker, Virgil & Lynn Nelson, and Scott Warren.
July 4 - 12, 2019
The Purpose of our trip:
1. Live out the Love of God for each person.
2. Glimpse the history and culture of Nicaragua and get to know the people of one village, El Brazil.
3. Work alongside village members in their development activities, e.g. Health Education, Conflict Transformation, Agriculture.
4. Support CEPAD in its development outreach: with Leadership Training for Pastors, Women, Youth; with equipment/supplies for Agricultural, Medical, etc.
5. Follow-up visit to Buena Vista, where SOS served 2017.
6. Explore future service with AMOS which specializes in community health education and care.
7. Upon return, share our experiences in Nicaragua with S.O.S. and the Presbytery.
8. Encourage others to join as advocates for Justice in the US re: Central American policy and practice.
1 John 4:7
Let us love one another because love comes from God
“…what does God require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God.”